The 10 week training cycle has 3 Sessions per week specifically designed to prepare Intermediate to Advanced swimmers for their next event. The program focus’ on:
- Increasing aerobic fitness
- Improving your lactate threshold
- Increasing speed
- Progressive overload
- Ideally the three session are completed within the week and a Open Water Swim on the weekend
- If unable to complete all 3 in a week – you can pick your preference of main sets to complete.
- Do the best you can
- Aim for improvement from week to week
- Push yourself at your own pace
- Progression is the key
- Love improving - even if it hurts a little
- What get measured gets done! We suggest printing off all 10 weeks of the training program in which you can record your time cycles etc.
- Keeping track of progress will ensure improvement and provide the inspiration and enjoyment you need.
- Printing out the sessions allows you to prepare mentally and physically